Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dance Recital

IMG_0903 IMG_0905 IMG_0899 IMG_0895 IMG_0890
 This weekend marked my first dance recital in over 6 years! I felt a little "out of the loop" with all the backstage lingo...which one is stage left again? Is this enough "stage makeup" - to which I was replied a "definitely not!
It was a lot of fun though, being able to perform again! I was happy to be backstage, perform the number we had worked so hard on and take a final bow! This was the first time I had 5 people in the audience to watch me! And it was my husband's first time really seeing me dance. Which was exciting for both of us. Despite my overwhelming momentum in the beginning of the dance, almost causing me to fall, it went really well and I was greeted afterwards by three bouquets of roses (all pink)! Which definitely was the highlight of my night!
I've been trying to live out this motto this year: "Do one brave thing a day." (I'm not sure where I heard this, but I've seen a few pictures on the internet). This was definitely my brave thing for today.

5 comments:

Deliciously Yours said...

Yay! Sounds like fun!
Hope you're feeling better today!

<3

Melissa Blake said...

Awww, what happy and sweet photos!

Carissa | Eskimo Kisses said...

aw congratulations on the successful recital! those flowers are beautiful

Chandra MoMoMod said...

Very cool. You are much braver than I! hehehe I love the vibrant colors in your photos, brave lady!

Chandra
More Modern Modesty
http://www.momomod.com

Annie said...

How gorgeous are you?! Love the dots on dots - so cute :) Congrats on the dance recital!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray