Tuesday, January 6, 2015


It feels impossible to describe how excited I am to carry my little girl. She is already changing so much in my life as I am looking to parent and care for her in the best way I know.

I begin my third trimester this week and I am gratefully holding on to these brief moments where she is growing inside my womb. I could never understand a bond that could occur in this way, but my daughter is already so loved by her father and I, I can't even imagine what it will be like when she is born. I have enjoyed feeling and watching her grow, her kicks and rolls get stronger everyday. I love the way she responds to Jamie's voice and playfully kicks his hand when he touches my stomach. 

Life has already changed since I found out I was pregnant. I decided to quit my job with CPS earlier than I expected because of the stress that was placed on my body and my mind. This was a very difficult choice for me because I thought I was on a good path for my career. I am often self-conscious about my lack of education and jobs that I have held because of that reason (I feel embarrassed every time I take a job as a nanny or have to work the dreaded retail position.)
I thought this job gave me validation and purpose, so now I am at home and my days spent seeking truth and worth about my season of life. 

I am so honored to carry this little life inside of my body and cannot wait to meet her!





No comments: