Monday, March 5, 2012

Dear Husband,

Remember that first time we kissed? I'll never forget it. We waited quite some time for it.
Dear Husband,
Remember when you lay next to me in bed, kissed me sweetly and told me that you were still so excited to spend the rest of your life with me? Remember when I started sobbing? I couldn't explain it to you then, I just had to let you hold me and now I can tell you. Remember our wedding day, the first time you kissed me? I loved you then, even though I was young. Some people thought we were too young, (maybe we were). We were too young to be bitter or hurt by the world, so we trusted each other completely, too young to have heard all the horror stories, too young to give up.  One of my role models sent me this when we first were engaged: "It will get better with time as long as you keep Christ as your first love." I remembered her words last night and that's what brought on the waterworks.. you see it's been 1 year and a half since we were married and even in this short amount of time, it has gotten better. As much as I loved you then, I love you more now, and I love Jesus even more now. After, DTS and Africa (XYZ and We.I.A), "reconciliation" and moving, driving, figuring out how to live together and share a bed, figuring out how to live on our own and never, ever giving up. As great as that was, it's only getting better. I am so happy that I have someone to spend the rest of my life with. Someone as caring and loving and fun as you. And that's why I cried, because I am blessed and thankful to have you.


2 comments:

Createliveblog said...

This is so sweet :) I love it.
Also your blog is beautiful!
Carly

Trish Cardona said...

I love it! Got married at 19 so I'm with you. It's been nearly 17 years now and I still think we're too young to give up! =)
http://www.trishcardona.com/2010/06/15-years-on-my-musings-on-marriage/