Thursday, March 1, 2012

Homemade Yogurt




I did it! I could not believe it worked! It seemed to weird, too easy, shouldn't it be really difficult/impossible?  It worked! Trust me, you CAN do this!!

Ingredients: 
1/2 + 4T gallon milk (I used organic 2%)
4T Yogurt (organic greek)
Strawberries (organic)

Recipe:
Pour milk into large pan and bring to a boil. Let cool a little bit and scrape off the skin that forms. Stir in mixture of 4T milk and 4T yogurt to pan, place lid on pan and wrap in a towel. Place in oven with light on (make sure the oven stays off) for 16 hours. After 16 hours, unwrap pan and pour yogurt into colander lined with cheesecloth to strain for 8 hours. 
Meanwhile, pulse strawberries in a food processor, and stir in when yogurt is finished. I put mine in glass jars. yum, yum, yum.

You should make this..now!


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

oorrrrr you should just bring me some :)

christine donee said...

... and now, I shall!