Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Date Night - Chicago style

IMG_0158 IMG_0160 IMG_0157

On Sunday, Jamie and I took a day trip to the windy city. I helped out with a little photo shoot for the Everygirl and Jamie did a little exploring of his own. The apple store, a cozy coffee shop and a park, formerly an airport were some of the places that kept him busy. After the shoot wrapped we waited to meet a new friend for coffee and stopped in a cosi. One of our favorite places that hasn't made it's way up to milwaukee. Lemonade mojitos are my kryptonite. Then we met a cute little family that we've only really known through social media and connected over coffee, delicious homemade food, yarn, babies, life and God. It was inspiring and cozy and just what my little heart needed. 
On our drive home, we ran out of gas! I laughed the entire mile push to the gas station. We ended our trip talking the entire two hours home. Not really about anything, but not small talk either. It was really special because life gets busy and schedules overwhelm us but we had an eventful day that felt slow and memorable.

12 comments:

Stephanie Shepherd said...

Sounds like a memorable trip, for sure! How awesome that you worked with The Everygirl!

Rebekah said...

There's a Cosi on Brown Deer and Port Washington Rd! Just in case you crave it and don't want to drive too far away.

I'm jealous of your hair here, by the way. I tried to do a french bread like that the other day, and it worked, but it was pretty messy. I'll have to keep practicing.

Sierra said...

I love Chicago. It is literally the best city in the world. Sorry you ran out of gas, but it sounds like you had an amazing trip anyway :)

http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

Cara said...

Sounds like quite a trip, we ran out of gas once and I laughed the entire push too!

Love your braid and that red dress!

Deliciously Yours said...

Conversations with the one you love are the best.

Little Tree Vintage said...

looks like the perfect date :)

Jamie said...

Running out of gas was great, life needs some adventure sometimes!

Jenny said...

Looks like you had a great time! I am so glad I found your cute blog on The Foley Fam...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Your's is just adorable!!

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful and what great pictures!! Loving your blog and your style!

Brittany T. said...

I am a new follower of your blog! Found ya from the foley fam blog! you are so cute, i love your blog! and omg your skin is so pretty! :)

britt
beelittlequeen.blogspot.com

College Dating said...

Aww. The two of you look so perfect together. I am jealous now. Hahaha. Hope I could find my perfect match as well. :')