Monday, April 2, 2012

Hi friends!
My name is Elise and I blog here.
A big thanks to Sara for letting me hang out at chalk white arrow today.
It's pretty cozy over here!
 IMG_9663
IMG_9662

One of my favorite things about summer is open-toed shoes of all varieties. Heels, sandals, flip-flops, gladiators, wedges.. okay, so maybe most of those fall into the "sandal" category. I just love freshly painted toe nails, peeking out of a cute pair of shoes. I love my toms shoes but this pair had so many holes, they were just too trashy to wear. I saw a couple of pictures on pinterest that turned them into sandals. This was my take on some of those pictures. Start with an old pair of beloved toms. This is my first pair:

1PDF

Grab some scissors and start by cutting the front of the shoe, where your toes would be. Start with little cuts, because of course, you can always cut again..but if you cut too much. Wah, Wah. I cut a diagonal about 1/2 in. from the seam. Try them on and cut more if you like.

2PDF

Then cut two semi circles, one on either side of the shoe, you will probably have to even them out a bit, but it's okay if they aren't perfect.

3PDF

Next cut two semi circles, one on either side of the shoe, closer to your heel right around the arch of your foot. Trim up any loose strings or uneven cuts.

4PDF

Lastly I sewed on a little piece of fabric that I had painted on early to the top of the shoe. I had painted "true to... my love" on the sides that were now cut out. It was really easy to sew!

5PDF

6PDF

7PDF

8PDF

Send me a picture of your new sandals to elisemdean{at}gmail{dot}com. I'd love to see how yours turn out!

Elise


No comments: