Friday, April 27, 2012


IMG_0087 
Hello! I'm Elise and I blog here
Congratulations Ashley! Thanks for letting me hang out over here today! While lovely Ashley is enjoying her wedding and honeymoon, I wanted to introduce you to your new morning friend. This would be great to start a few weeks before your wedding, to really get your skin looking nice for your big day. If you are like me though, and your wedding has passed or maybe somewhere in the distant future - don't tune out. This is perfect for you too!
Meet warm, lemon water. (I know, probably doesn't sound as tasty as a white mocha latte with caramel sauce (my drink of choice) but stay with me) I drink this every morning and I am hooked. It is so good for you. Truly the perfect way to start your day. Here's why:

1. Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds.  They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
IMG_0204 
2. Balances pH: Drink lemon water everyday and you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized.
3. Helps with weight loss:   Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.

4. Aids digestion:  Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
5. Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
6. Clears skin:  The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. It can actually be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.
7. Freshens breath: Not only this, but it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. The citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should monitor this. I admit, I’m slightly worried about it.
8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. It’s thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.
9. Keeps you zen: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress. As mentioned previously, lemons are chock full of vitamin C.
10. Helps kick the coffee habit:  After I have a glass of hot lemon water, I actually don’t crave coffee in the morning. This is weird, I can’t explain it, but I’ll take it. **source
IMG_0207

IMG_0211

IMG_0212

IMG_0215

IMG_0216
Alright, now you can try it. There is no recipe because who knows how much lemon I really put in every glass.
Prepare to be amazed.


No comments: