Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DIY Flower Crown


I have seen some really darling ladies wearing this flower crowns around, and for my mom's birthday, we decided to make some in celebration (sure does beat the old pointy party hats).

I took some help from the lovely bridget and miss james and of course, used a few of my own ideas.

You will need:
Floral Wire thick and thin
Floral Tape
Silk Flowers
Scissors
Pliers
IMG_2466
I started out with thicker floral wire, so I just wrapped it around once and twisted the ends together and secured with floral tape.
IMG_2468
Then I created little blooms and taped them with floral tape.IMG_2525 IMG_2526
After I built a few blooms of flowers, I started to wrap them with thin floral wire tightly around the crown. Then I began building upon each one as I went.
IMG_2527
Sometimes I would just add one flower or sometimes 5, and then I add a few leaves in the back and taped the back in floral tape.
IMG_2529 IMG_2533 IMG_2660
Here we celebrate by matching and eating soup.

7 comments:

emilyclare said...

So lovely and fresh! Delightful!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous! These turned out so great! I must try it soon!

Kirsten Wiemer said...

umm so cute. i love them.

k

kirstenandryanwiemer.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful idea! I've never seen anyone pull off a flower crown as well as you :)
http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

Erica said...

Such a pretty way to wear flowers :)

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Very nice! I should give this a go this summer<3

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Cramer Coffee and Jesus said...

Wow I am loving your blog! So excited to be a new follower! You can tell you blog for YOU and nobody else!