Thursday, July 19, 2012

Risky Business.

IMG_2368 IMG_2358 IMG_2366  IMG_2362 IMG_2371
Floral Crown: Element Style, Top&belt: f21, Skirt: AE, Shoes: Target

I'm in the business of taking risks lately, remember my mantra:

"Do one thing everyday that scare you."
 -Eleanor Roosevelt 

In most areas I have been feeling vulnerable, ill-prepared or not confident. I have been knitting difficult patterns, cooking new foods, eating very healthy/various "dancers" workouts to strengthen my body, taking on many families(to nanny for) and dancing many, many hours. With all these great changes I have been making, some areas are not open to risks. My heart is pretty closed to relationships, it's difficult to open up and my "free" time, is spent doing "comfortable" things, blog-hopping, and t.v. Lastly, I haven't been taking risks with sweet Holy Spirit. Somedays, I'm just scared to obey, somedays I don't listen. 

I'm trying to be brave.

What are you doing that scares you? What brave thing should you do?

8 comments:

Despina T. said...

lovely outfit.love the headband and the top.beautiful!

Amanda said...

beautiful crown! the thing i am doing right now that scares me is getting ready to go back to work in the fall, when all i want to do is stay home with my baby girl!

xo, amanda

Satin and Souffles said...

I love this look! I simplpy have to make a flower head band! So lovely xx

www.satinandsouffles.com
www.satinandsouffles.com

Kirstin Anne said...

I think that is totally understandable. When there is a lot of transition or new things going on in my life, I tend to need more time alone, to be recharged. I love the quote you posted so much, and I am proud of how you are taking it seriously. What a great thing to be witnessing as your friend! Youre doing great, and inspiring me!

Deliciously Yours said...

I've been taking slow steps toward some career goals, and that can be scary. I've literally been having weird and sometimes scary dreams about it all. But I'm trying to reply on Him for the strength and direction.

Also, HOW DID YOU DO YOUR HAIR LIKE THAT?!?! Telll meeee

Unknown said...

Beautiful top and shoes! Your hair always looks so effortlessly pretty :)
http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

Carissa | Eskimo Kisses said...

i think we have a lot in common. Since I've been in Alaska it's been hard for me to make new friendships with people up here. I guess that exactly it- my heart is closed off and I'm not taking risks. I love your honesty in this post! Let's be brave together :)

ps your outfit is insanely cute (as always).

Joy Shana said...

Love ur top, cute look, nice blog
http://shana-style.blogspot.com